IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of a Shipmate

Yesterday the Lord recalled another of of us, Teresa Kolbasowski Dunlop, she served at Adak and COSL. Her sister is going to let me know when the memorial service will be. I will pass that info along once I get it! Terry was my bestie in A School and Adak!!! Kristine Reed (Gustavson/Lopinto), OTAC, RET

Re: Passing of a Shipmate

Thanks, Kristine. Sorry for the loss of your friend and shipmate. We'll add Terry's name to our In Memoriam page at its next update, in early October.

She was an OT2 served at Adak 77-78, and COSL until 81 when she got out.

Terry was my first girl when I was stationed on Adak in 1976. I was young and stupid and deserved getting dumped. I remember meeting her for the first time on the bus to chow. She was wearing denims and some Ensign told her she was wearing her seafarers when she wasn't. I defended her and embarrassed the Ensign. We had a brief relationship. The last time I saw her was on NS Norfolk when I was a flag chauffeur for a NATO VADM. She was unimpressed. Yep.

I did a internet search for old shipmates and found her obituary. I still have pictures of us together. Life is is so short.

In fact, I think you might remember me. If you do, email me... I think I have a picture of you both. B&W, though.

I don't think I knew Teresa but a shipmate she was and we thank her for her service to our country. May she rest in peace and her family be given the strength to endure.

Visits: