IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UPDATE: IUSS 65th Anniversary celebration, Norfolk, VA, 21 September, 2019

UPDATE: IUSS 65th Anniversary/Reunion celebration will take place in Norfolk, VA on 21 September, 2019. Yesterday I signed the contract with the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel. A large ballroom is reserved for 200 guests with expansion capability to 800. Past IUSS reunions have ranged from 288 to 453 attendees. We also blocked out 20 rooms at a discounted rate of $139.00. Information regarding ticket prices and room reservations will be published at a later date.

We are not taking reservations at this time. No list is being kept to hold seats. Ticket prices, and room reservation information will be published at a later date. Here's what we know so far:

- IUSS 65th Reunion Golf Tournament on Friday, 20 Sep 2019. Time and location TBD.

- No host "Happy Hour" at the Marriott on Friday, 20 Sep 2019 from 6 to 11:30 PM.

- Unspecified daytime events on Saturday during the daytime TBD - Informal BBQ lunch? Tours?

- Reception outside the ballroom on Saturday, 21 Sep 2019 from 6 to 7 PM.

- Dinner in the ballroom (top floor) on Saturday, 21 Sep 2019from 7 PM until 11:45 PM.

- NOPF Dam Neck and/or CUS Open House on Sunday 22 Sep 2019, time TBD. (Tentative)

- We have $620.00 in donations remaining from the 60th Reunion in 2014. Donations pay for programs, mementoes, centerpieces, dinner for Color Guard and Guest Speaker, bartenders and cashiers, etc., and help defray the cost of dinner tickets.

Any and all donations are greatly appreciated. More to follow on that.

The following volunteers have agreed to join our IUSS 65th Committee to coordinate the event - Christine Buswell, Kathy Donovan, Steve Rose, Paul Heim, Ed Smock, Paul Banks, Pat Szewczak and Jon and Peggy Chadwick. We plan to meet monthly starting in January 2019 to organize the weekend's events. Plan to go online with advertising, tickets sales, room reservations, etc. in March (6 months out).

Please consider how you might assist. The committee will be organizing advertising; a PayPal account; Checking account; Webmaster for a special link for ticket sales; programs, flower arrangements; invitations; golf outing; Saturday daytime event; etc. They can use your help. Again, donations are always appreciated.

More to follow in periodic updates. If you have a specific question or concern please contact me directly at Jim_Donovan53@yahoo.com

Jim Donovan
CAPT USN (Ret)

Re: UPDATE: IUSS 65th Anniversary celebration, Norfolk, VA, 21 September, 2019

Happy end of 2018 and greetings to 2019.

I am planning to attend the reunion and would like to have a room reservation as I am travelling from Norway by air and renting a car to drive to Norfolk.

Is it possible to have the reference number so I can book early at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel?

Best regards,
Charles

Re: UPDATE: IUSS 65th Anniversary celebration, Norfolk, VA, 21 September, 2019

Charles, Room reservations at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel will not be available until Feb/Mar 2019 (6 months out) when we activate a website with all pertinent information regarding the event (ticket prices/sales, menus, hotel reservations, events, directions, etc.).

We are convening our first IUSS 65th Reunion Committee meetings next week on 7 and 9 January. I will publish an additional update after that.

Please check your email for additional info.

Best regards, Jim

Visits: