Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fund Raising for 65th Reunion

I'll check with my HS friend. He owns an embroidery business and did all the shirts, hats, and jackets for my rowing adventure back in the late 90's and early 2000-01. He made sure the shirts were top quality stitching and the screen printing was excellent. Helped us raise a good chunk of money for the race.

Please send me any design work you have in mind. I'll contact Joe in Missouri and see what he can offer in the way of embroidered polo shirts and screen printed shirts. Any ideas or logos already designed would be helpful. I'm most proficient in Corel 8-13 software and I can probably convert Adobe Illustrator files with little problem. I'll get on it as soon as I get some material to work with.

Looking forward to doing something for the group.

Zig

Re: Fund Raising for 65th Reunion

John, Thank you for the information. I'll bring this up to the committee when we meet in January. We've done t-shirts, etc. with embroidery in the past but usually leave that effort to the active duty folks at NOPF Dam Neck or CUS for MWR fundraising. The materials already exist. At the last reunion a former OT, Mark Kohlman printed up some "Oyster Trainer" t-shirts, IUSS neck ties and other mementos and set up a table at the event(s).

A former OT, Mari Torres-Sandlin is selling IUSS Trident Pendants on Facebook to raise funds for the IUSS 65th. She donates 25% of her sales to the Committee. Mari has already collected $400.00 for us in just 2 weeks.

- Jim

Visits: