Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The passing of CSCM Eldon Carson

Rick: Would like to add his name to our In Memoriam page in the December update. Looked for an obit and found several Eldon Carsons but none seemed to fit Master Chief Carson. Can you provide his approximate time of passing (mo/yr) and time of System Affiliation (1970s?)?

He was in the system in the early-mid '70's. I could name a half dozen who would have remembered him but Nick and Charlie Harding are the only ones still alive. I'm not sure of the exact date of his passing but will check my old issues of FRA magazines. I know I still have that issue and will get back to you.

Wow it was longer ago than I remembered. I posted the passing on April 16, 2017 and wrote I had just read it in my FRA mag but they gave no further information. Debbie Smith who's dad was an SHC or SHCS posted a picture of Eldon on the FB NAVFAC Antigua wall the same day as a comment to my post. I got to Antigua in Jan '71 and there until Oct '72. Inspected Arg in late '74 or early '75. Had fried cod at Charlie & Sandy Kohn's that trip. Charlie was in Antigua with Eldon as well.

Visits: