Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cataract Surgery

Had both eyes done about 5 years ago. It was the best thing ever distance vision went to 20/20. Still need bifocals for upclose. Also had droopy eyelid surgery,and it was painful but to get that you have several test done and sent to Medicare, several tests and photos sent for approval. My suggestion is if recommended have it done. You won't be sorry

I had it done four years ago. Medicare/Tricare picked up the entire bill. I choose to have mono vision. Perfect vision now and no need for readers.

Chuck,
Just noticed your post.....
I had the surgery for the left eye in 2010 and the right eye in 2013 at the VEC in Norfolk.
Medicare/Tricare only cover the basic mono lens implants. If you opt to get the "RESTOR" lens which will give you back the exact sight you had as a kid, it ran me $3K per eye out of pocket. They normally do not do both eyes at the same time, so as to ensure that the first surgery does not have complications. So they like to space the procedure out a couple years.
I used "Care Credit" to cover the fees.
Truth be told, you cannot put a dollar figure on perfect eyesight. I do NOT require the need for any any glasses! Hope this helps you decide.

Had cataract surgery back in 2001 and just had my eyes checked and I'm still 20/20 in both eyes. Lisa Arbisser of Eye Surgeons Ass. who is Dr. Joyce Brothers daughter did the surgery. My eyes were so bad that the second surgery was done 1 month after the 1st surgery. The prep work to prepare for the surgery takes longer by far, then the actual surgery, but all the eye drops that are used proved to be a non issue. I was lucky in that my employer, the City of Moline, had and has great insurance and the cost to me was quite minimal. Get it done, you'll never regret it.

Visits: