IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gwen Smith, wife of CWO and OTC Vern Smith "Smitty" (VG)

Pat and I send our most sincere sympathy. We will say a prayer for the family that they find peace in the lifetime of happy memories that they share.

John and Pat Ellis

This is one of the saddest posts I have seen in a long time. When I got to Arg, I was in the same section as "Smitty" and as a fellow John's runner, spent a lot of time with him and Gwen while dating, attended their wedding and stayed in touch all these years. When I told Joan of Gwen's passing she was heart broken and it took a while to get over the shock. One can not put into words what one truly feels at a time like this. For "VG" and the rest of the family, Joan's and my prayers are going out to you in your time of grief and we are thinking of you. Frog

Very sad news indeed. The thoughts and prayers of her many friends throughout the system are with her family at this very difficult time. Ed Smock

Janice and I were deeply saddened by the news of Gwen’s passing. I will never forget her laugh and smile. VG, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

So sorry to hear of your loss...A lovely lady, always willing to have us over for a party and/or a meal.

Visits: