IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eugene “Skip” Wertman

It is with great sadness and an empty heart that I am posting on Skip. He passed away this morning after a nearly five month fight with multiple glioblastomas (brain tumours). The system has been a huge part of our lives and he continued to stay caught up through IUSSCAA.

Re: Eugene “Skip” Wertman

Sorry for your loss. May God give you peace.

Fran....Skip was one of the really "good guys" in our system and the world is a slightly darker place with his passing. He was a perpetually positive guy who always had a smile on his face. On behalf of the entire system family, please accept our condolences.

Skip and I went through CPO initiation together at CNFJ in 1981. He was a real good dude.

RIP old friend.

Nick

I want to echo Nick's sentiments. Skip was a truly nice guy. He and I kept in loose touch until a couple years ago. If memories serves he in live here in the Nova Scotia area. We would touch base and promise to get together for a Timmie's. Life got in the way and we never made it. That is mostly on me. To Skip's family my deepest condolences. May he rest peacefully in God's hands. Fair winds Skip. Rest easy we got the watch. Until we meet for the coffee I salute you.

My deepest sympathies on your loss. Skip and I served together at the OSSD in San Diego and he was a great shipmate. A wonderful, dry sense of humor and always a willingness to step forward when needed. That Navfac in the sky just got another great member.

What more can one say about "Skip". Was first stationed with him on Turks, then went to Arg and along came Skip. Left Arg for Brawdy and six months later he shows up again. Only time I ever heard him use any real colorful language was when I left Brawdy and he told me at that time he was tired of following me around. He was one true friend. While living in Nova Scotia, our daughter got married in St. John's. he and Fran made what had to be the longest John's run in history to attend her wedding. We stayed in touch over the years and he will sadly be missed by all. To Fran and the family, you are in Joan's and my prayers.

Frog

So sad to hear of Skip's passing. He was a true man's man and a dedicated professional. Hold on to the good memories to see you through these saddest moments Fran. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. RIP shipmate you will be missed by many.

Fran, we are saddened to hear of Skip's passing. I knew him from the early 70's in Arg and he was always very positive and upbeat. Your entire family will be in our prayers.

Great guy who will sorely be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

For Skip's family, know that Skip's many friends throughout the SOSUS/IUSS community are with you at this very difficult time. "You are not alone".
Ed Smock

Fran, I realize this is long overdue, but I've been fighting my own issues and haven't been out here for a long time. So sad to hear of Skip's passing. A really great guy and darn good OT. Please accept condolences from Joan and I, with prayers to the Wertman family for healing love from above. Rick and Joan.

I am so sorry, Fran, to hear of Skip's passing. He was great guy and a real professional. His friends in IUSS will remember him as a large part of what made our community great.

wow, im late again but im sorry ....skip was nice guy and I enjoyed knowing him

Skip will be missed. We crossed paths numerous times through our careers and he always had a smile on his face. May he rest in peace and your family find solitude.

Visits: