IUSSCAA Message Board

IUSSCAA Posting Guidelines
IUSSCAA Photo Library

IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
View Entire Thread
Re: Getting a copy of an old service record....

Just recently I went to the local Veterans Service Office trying to find some info about a Navy Unit Commendation for where I was stationed at NavFac Ramey in the late 60's. The VSO said that the first thing I needed to do was fill out a form he had and would fax to some DOD office (or whatever). He said if they respond, it would include my entire military service record - bases, dates, etc., and would be mailed to me and said it was commonly referred to as "page 5" of this form. He said it might take several weeks - you know how the gov-mint works...

So, I'm waiting to see if I get a response, and I'd recommend to you that you first start by contacting your local Veterans Service Office. As far as I know, every state has them, but I couldn't guarantee that, as they are State government employees (not military) whose job it is to assist veterans obtain information.

Hope this helps your cause.