UPDATE: IUSS 65th Anniversary/Reunion 20-22 September 2019, Norfolk, VA
We held a 65th Anniversary Committee meeting on Wednesday. Thought you'd like to see where we stand at the moment. Tickets will go on sale NLT 15 May. Will post the Website here when available. - Jim
MEETING: The IUSS 65th Anniversary Committee met on Wednesday 6 March.
ATTENDEES: Jim and Kathy Donovan, Paul and Nancy Heim, Jon and Peggy Chadwick, Chris Buswell, Keith Stevenson, Steve Rose, Greg Clarkson and Ed Smock
Chairman - Jim Donovan
Vice-Chairman - Steve Rose
Treasurer - Chris Buswell
WebMaster - Greg Clarkson
Golf Outing - Steve Rose
Programs - Paul Banks
Mementos - John and Peggy Chadwick
Centerpieces - Kathy Donovan/Nancy Heim
- $1,701.00 (est.) remaining in donations.
- Donations can be made via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org
20 Sep - IUSS Golf Tournament Friday morning.
20 Sep - No host "Happy Hour" at Marriott Hotel Friday evening at 1800.
Cost: $5. Dress Code: Casual - wear your favorite IUSS shirt!
21 Sep - Battleship WISCONSIN (BB-64) tour Saturday at 1200. (TENTATIVE)
Price: Under negotiation. Location: Downtown Norfolk, 2 blocks from Marriott Hotel.
21 Sep - IUSS 65th Anniversary Dinner at Waterside Marriott Hotel, Saturday evening.
Pre-reception:1800 and Dinner: 1900.
Menu: Chicken Florentine or Fresh Atlantic Salmon. Ticket price: $55.00.
Dress Code: Semi formal attire. Note: Service Dress White uniform optional.
22 Sep - NOPF Dam Neck Open House on Sunday 1200-1400 (timeframe tentative).
- Dress Code. Committee voted on dress code for dinner as Semi formal Attire with optional Service Dress White uniform for military members.
- Reduced ticket prices. Committee voted to offer up to 100 active duty service members (E-6 and below) a reduced ticket price of $45.00 with committee defraying $10 difference through donations. CUS/NOPF MWR will be asked to sell the discounted tickets.
-Memorial Observance. Committee discussed plans to have a Fallen Comrade table set up in the dining room with a listing of deceased shipmates. Plan is to highlight just one - STGSN Bob Koutelis. A short letter will be read about Bob's service and heroic death on Guam in November 1969. Bob’s brother and possibly other family members plan to attend.
- Office Call. Jim Donovan attended Office Call with Commodore and CO/XO, NOPF Dam Neck on 21 February. CAPT Luers agreed to coordinate Media coverage and Guest Speaker for the event.
- We are still collecting donations; looking at options for mementoes, keepsakes, centerpieces; in search of a curator with interest in creating an IUSS Cold War display.