Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: REDACTED

Chuck, Must be the age that I am approaching but it does seem many of my friends and colleagues are #1 deciding to take SS, #2 signing up for MEDICARE, #3 getting the knees replaced and #4 opting for cataract surgery. So tell us, how long was the recovery? I've heard they do one eye at a time and that folks can have blurred vision for one to two weeks. Was that the case with you? And one other question regarding cost. You can PM the answer to me if you don't want to comment here. But a non-military family member had the surgery last year and the cost was roughly $1.5K per eye, and she is on MEDICARE. I would think MEDICARE and TRICARE for Life would completely cover the cost for those retired from military. Did it?

Hoping you heal quickly and have perfect vision. Say hi to Linda - "when you see her". Ha!

- Jim

Jim:
If you can see my address, shoot me an e-mail. I did cataracts last year. Highly recommend. W. J.

Had cat surgery about 5 years ago. Makes a big change in vision after 5 years distance vision is near perfect. Did not pay anything that I remember. I remember clear vision next day.
I also had droupy eye lid from Medicare but the testing for it was extensive and I will admim it hurt like hell. If you need it get it done you will not regret having it done. After having it done I made comment to my wife I did not know the snow was that white. My stepmom had it done and said after that she didn't know that the flame on the stove was blue.

Re: Cat Surgery

I noticed seeing when driving was becoming difficult as my distance seemed blurry. I also had told Linda that our TV color was fading. Went to have my Glasses checked and my Dr. said here are three names of ophthalmologists. One doctor in our area was named KATZ. His LOGO was a cats eye. So I went to see him. After about two weeks of Drops it was time for my first eye Surgery. The entire duration of the operation was 10-15 minutes. You are given a stative and then you wake up and go home. Your eye is covered with a piece of plastic and of course you must wear the Nuclear Glasses. After I got home Linda had to put drops in my eyes so the plastic cover came off. Wow what color. I also found I could see long distances very clear with out glasses. Three weeks later the other eye was done. I was chosen to be part of a study so our decision was to pay $500.00 for the upgraded lens for each eye. Medicare only pays for the basic lens. The entire time was for both eyes, plus final drops were stopped was 1 1/2 months. See great still struggling with readers but Dr. Katz says just buy the over the counter readers and see how that goes. He says it is because I have been wearing glasses since I was 2 1/2 years old that my mind is still set on having something on my face. I can read the bedroom clock without a hard squint. The drops 3 types were the biggest pain.
Chuck

Visits: