Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 50 years

Happy Independence Day Randy! I too am at that 50 year Mark of my Navy career. I am honored to have served with you. You are by far the finest man I ever worked with and for throughout my career and then some. I think of you often and what a great professional relationship we had when I served as your operations LCPO. I often think that relationship was the key to my making Master Chief. I shall never forget you coming out of your office and telling me I had been selected. Hoping to talk with you soon. LDO for CNO! My best to you, Chris and the family.

Thank you so much guys. Kinder comments than I deserve from very accomplished people but welcomed nevertheless. It was nice talking to you this morning, John. Having so many common memories is special...almost "wizard" like! 😂

Late to the game...but congrats Randy. Thanks for taking this youngster under your wing in CVB. You, and of course George, taught me so much about how to be a better Sailor, OT and person. Not sure you know how much you mean to me. Congrats

Is that OT3 Price of Centerville? :). Jane, your generous comments are so much appreciated. George made a big difference for many of us; anybody who can be referred to by just a first name and everybody knows who it is speaks volumes. (George was also known as the Crusher by a certain OT2 in Kef. He was scared to death of George and I talked him into walking into an oral board and stating " first of all, nobody in here can intimidate me". I still can't believe he did it!)
I actually do have a good sense of my standing with you because its mutual.
Always has been, always will be. Please give Art my best!

On 23 Feb it was 58 years since I left WI for boot camp. At that time I had no idea what I was going to do in the Navy. I was a farm boy who was suddenly jolted into the 20th century. I was very lost the first two years but with the teaching of many oceanographic types over the years, they helped me become what I was destined to become. I owe a great deal of gratitude to many people who not only taught me what SOSUS was all about but also taught me great lessons about life and leadership. As a teacher, I now still use many of these lessons with my students. Thank you all who helped me through this phase of my life.

Visits: