Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ops floor noise levels

I’m not holding out too much hope. The Marine 1st Sgt at my local suggested this. Since I’m a single hitch squid, I don’t qualify for much more.

He said the local VA medical here in central MA is not great! Right now, I make too much money so I’m playing Russian roulette with the health insurance equation!

Sad, my wife’s Medicare is better the VA health care! At least she can see whomever she wants!

Re: Ops floor noise levels.o

When I had my hearing tested for enlistment at Argentia in 1971, the results showed a loss from my original enlistment hearing test. My hearing was checked every two years through 1975 at military bases and it keep decreasing. Upon release from Active Duty, the VA rated me at 0% for hearing and tinnitus, four years later they rated me at 10%. The VA supplied me new hearing aids last June. The base doctor at Argentia had suspect the cause of the loss was cause be the high noise level in the Equipment Rooms where I worked and sleep when on duty watch (both at Argentia & Eleuthera {in room next to the 400 MC Unit & Generators}).

Re: Ops floor noise levels.o

Update...

I was denied, not surprised!

At least I got a trip to Constitution and the tin can docked nearby!

Good kids manning the ship in period garb and Oakley shades...

Visits: