IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marshall Pittman

OK gang, here's what I know at this point. Marshall is still among us but I'm unsure as to his health. First Baptist Church Ellisville ran Marshall's name through a program they use to track members and it showed him alive and kicking in Bailey, ms.

After his wife (Fredna) died, he moved to Bailey, MS (just outside of Meridian) where he lives with his daughter Melinda. Melinda is married to Samuel R. Gregory.This information come from a man named Raymond Wilson of Ellisville who hosts a coffee clutch each morning at the local favorite coffee shop. They knew Marshall well and provided what they could in current info. None of them had seen or talked to him since he left Ellisville.

They also provided me with Fredna's brother's information. His name is Melton Odom of Laurel, MS but unfortunately he recently died and I am not having any luck finding his widow (elderly so probably moved) or any of his kids who served as pall Bearers. Laurel funeral service had no personal data for the wife and kids. Trying to track the Odom family in hopes of getting a phone number for the Gregory family and thus Marshall.

At a dead end at the moment primarily due to an inability to find a good phone number for Samuel R. and Melinda Gregory, Bailey, MS. These people finder programs "suck" nowadays. One thinks they are about to get the needed info and then an app download or a another couple of tiers digging is required. They are so misleading, I just don't feel good with giving them personal info or my credit card.

But, I'll keep digging and if some of you younger guys who are current with all this IT stuff want to lend a hand in finding a phone number for Samuel R. Gregory or Melinda Gregory, I'd appreciate it.

That's it for now.

J

Re: Marshall Pittman

Just emailed you. TOM

I have no idea where to go from here. I wanted to talk to Marshall or his daughter Melinda but every phone number I get (3 numbers from Tom Duffy, 2 numbers from the Ellisville Baptist Church and 2 numbers from the Ellisville Funeral service) all have been disconnected.

I will send a note (Snail mail) to the address we have in Bailey, MS and see what that gets us. Beyond that, I guess we'll just be satisfied to know that he's still with us.

J

We appreciate the update, John. Hopefully mailing them will yield something.

Pay Dirt! Marshall said "I'm on the green side of the grass and doing fine"

Background: A lot of fine people in Ellisville and Laurel MS went the extra mile in helping to locate Marshall. But, in the end, it was a bunch of old timers who gathered for coffee each morning that provided the lead that led to success.

I had called the 1st Baptist Church in Ellisville and talked to a very helpful youmg girl named Stephanie. She couldn't help but she told me of a man named Raymond Wilson who made it his business to know the goings on in Ellisville. I spoke with him and where he knew Marshall, he wasn't sure what happened to him. But, he took the issue to his morning coffee clutch where one of his members knew Marshall well and relayed to me that Marshall had moved to Meridian, ms after Gredna's death and was living with his daughter.

So, I got Marshall's daughter's name from Gredna's obituary and with some exceptional help from the West Baptist Church of Laural, found some telephone nrs and email addresses of some of Marshall's extended family. The telephone nrs were a bust in that all had been disconnected but we shotgunned a "Where's Marshall msg" to all of the email addresses and 3 of the 4 were no good but that last one got a response from Marshall's Grand Daughter Jena. She responded that Marshall was living in Meridian with her Mother. She provided all the contact information and said she would call her Grand Dad and let him know we were looking for him. She also gave Marshall my personal phone number.

So, yesterday, Saturday about 9 in the morning, Marshall called me to verify that he was doing fine. We had about a twenty minute conversation during which I made him aware that there was a number of folks that was concerned about him and that he should surface on occasion with a status msg. He promised he would. He also gave me permission to publicly make available his address and phone number as soon as his Grand Daughter provides it to me.

So, I owe you one more post with the address/phone number but beyond that, incident closed.

PS: Just got an email from Jena (Grand Daughter) in which she said she would see Marshall on Monday at which time she would do her best to get him back on line and communicating on the system web site.

John -- As the others have said, thanks for the update and I hope you are able to learn more about the health and the where abouts of Marshall. He sure weas one of a kind and I also would like to get in contact with him. Thanks again Frog

I put a rather long post out this morning on Marshall but I didn't do it exactly right so I call your attention to the new post marked with a star in which I said that Marshall had given me permission to publicly distribute his address and phone number.

Marshall Pittman
303 Willie Glass Road
Bailey, MS 39320-9494

601-319-1700

That's all I got Gang.

Nice job, John. I'm glad Marshall is still kickin' and will pass the info onto a couple people who were looking for him.

Make sure to include his phone number. He loves to talk but not so much on the computer.

Sarah Brady was especially interested in contacting him since he was close to Jim Brady. She emailed me and said she called him today. Thanks again, John.

Great job, John. So glad to hear he's still with us. Marshall is a great guy and so many aren't with us any more.

It was my pleasure to be in a position to help. It was fun after I found out he was doing OK.

And your right Rick, the good guys are getting long in the tooth and we need keeping track of.

Tx for your note.

J

Visits: