Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question

On 31 Oct, George Widenor wrote: "I think that the various Facebook pages our community participates in have overshadowed this site."

I suggest that someone who has access to those various facebook pages - I do not - assess why they have "overshadowed" this site. What are they doing that this site does not?

If they are prospering and this site is more and more becoming an obit column, there may be lessons to be learned.

My continuing efforts to include technical material has not been well received by some. It is not my intent to continue
along that line.

Bruce

Bruce Rule
On 31 Oct, George Widenor wrote: \\\"I think that the various Facebook pages our community participates in have overshadowed this site.\\\"

I suggest that someone who has access to those various facebook pages - I do not - assess why they have \\\"overshadowed\\\" this site. What are they doing that this site does not?

If they are prospering and this site is more and more becoming an obit column, there may be lessons to be learned.

My continuing efforts to include technical material has not been well received by some. It is not my intent to continue
along that line.

Bruce
Bruce, you can join any of the IUSS grouyps on facebook just by asking.

Just do a search in facebook on IUSS or OT and they should show up.

Meanwhile, here are some links to some of them:

Facebook IUSS Members

Facebook OTs and OTAs/OTMs

Facebook SOSUS

Facebook NAVFAC Centerville Beach

Facebook NAVFAC Bermuda

Facebook NAVFAC Guam

Facebook NAVFAC Barbados

Facebook NAVFAC Argentia

Facebook NAVFAC Midway Island

Facebook NAVFAC Keflavik

We (meaning the IUSSCAA staff) have discussed Facebook versus the IUSSCAA website many times. The fact of the matter is that we do not have the resources (financially or personnel wise) to do what Facebook does in the way it does. We are a small organization with limited resources. We exist to help people from the IUSS community stay in touch with each other.

Our charter states:

To establish a communications network among IUSS personnel.
To establish an informative newsletter providing current location and biographical information (as submitted by members), as well as limited IUSS news.
To perpetuate the interest in undersea surveillance and its history.
To provide a locator resource of and for persons associated with IUSS.

We try to do that to the best of our ability and resources. We are far from perfect in our attempts and always welcome constructive criticism from all corners.

Only thing deader is Al-Baghdadi...

I have a brilliant idea for all who check the site either every day or every now and then..
Post something for goodness sakes.

Visits: