Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HI, ET1 at COSL 1974 to 1977

OK, a few days snooping and some names have been remembered. Just listing last names for the time frame in OP.......
Renne, Bolin, Kloc, Ballew, German, Williford?, Tarnow, Howton, and Williams.

It's a start for me, considering my advanced years. Can anyone add some names of maintenance guys that might be familiar to me? BTW, I mentioned the PD which is frustrating enough to be 80% of my 100% disability rating, but something else that sucks is the double vision. No way of knowing where that came from, altho old age and the PD meds are suspect. And I see things that aren't there sometimes, mostly people. They never talk, tho. And my wife only lets me drive short distances. See what you younger old guys have to look forward to? On the plus side, people don't expect much of me anymore. Takes a lot of pressure off.

Wayne Renee, Ross "Buddha" Tarnow, Stan Kloc, Terry Babcock, Jack Spencer, and Ed Haney
are about all the maintenance types that I can recall from that time frame.

J

John Ellis
Wayne Renee, Ross "Buddha" Tarnow, Stan Kloc, Terry Babcock, Jack Spencer, and Ed Haney
are about all the maintenance types that I can recall from that time frame.

J
I remember a guy, drove a Pinto, wanted to do a brake job on it. I offered some special tools, he declined in favor of his own tools, pliers and a screwdriver. Ended up with stitches in his lower lip. Another guy (computer tech) had a Duster 340 with dual 4BBL carbs. I think he married a gal there who played rugby (great legs), right under the nose of his chief who had eyes for her. Add the Lead OT1 who was Alaskan and Ham radio enthusiast. And a WAVE who rolled my can of soda down the stairs. Never asked her to bring me a soda again, even if she is going to the machine anyway. Then there was the guy we got for a short time since his ship was going to the Med for longer than he had left....right in front of me he answered a question from Lt, Brown, (just remembered him) that I was sure would lead to a Captain's Mast. I can't quote it here, but it was something about goats and a nickel a herd.. Mr. Brown was cool about it.
I can think of some guys who had reason to dislike me, but their names don't show up on the members list.
I had a rule....the Navy may have treated me badly at times, but as long as I am in it, it is MY Navy....
and you can't mess with it.
Break time.....

Hazelbaker, Lytle, Orlick, Jackson will think of more later

Manning, Tomlin

I resemble that

Visits: