Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: IUSS member survives battle with COVID-19 - his story

I thank you two for sharing this information. I wish you all the best : safety, good health and smooth sailing.In these difficult times, we have many minutes to reflect on our fine Navy community which gave so much unselfishly through the years for our nation, our families, and our friends. ..and continue to do so.

Rob, I am so glad you are on the mend. May God continue to Bless you,
Jim, thanks.

Rob and Jim, thanks for the info. First good description of probable course of illness from the virus that I have seen. We are doing well here in the outback of New Mexico. Just registered first active case in Lincoln County yesterday. We have been staying in for the past twenty days and it seems that the majority of our populace is doing the same. Thanks again for the information,

Hope all of rest of we SOSketeers can stay safe through the pandemic.

Jerry

First of all, thank you so much Jim for posting that yesterday. It is so important that people hear first hand accounts of what this thing is like to go through.

Meanwhile, I am very saddened this morning. A friend of mine, who I have known since she was knee high to a grasshopper posted a note on Facebook this morning saying that her Mother-In_law had passed after a short bout with COVID19. Her mother-in-law was a few years younger than me, so in her mid to late fifties. I had met her once or twice. I know of no underlying medical conditions involved although there may have been some.

It just brings it that much more closer to home about how nasty this thing is and how important it is to try to avoid getting infected by it.

This is the note that was posted this morning:

Mom went to heaven last night after battling this stupid covid-19 virus.

Wednesday March 25th she was tested and found out on March 26th it was positive.

April 1st she was admitted to Liberty Hospital. Needing 100% oxygen with O2 levels in the low 80’s.

Thursday April 2nd her O2 levels started to decrease.

Early Yesterday morning her heart turned A fib. We were able to FaceTime with her in the afternoon. Her O2 levels continued to drop in the low 50's all day and last night Pastor and her sister were by her side as she gained her angel wings.

The family is getting together today to figure out the next steps. We will get through this together as a family and will let everyone know once we figure things out.

Rob, Thanks for sharing your experience with us... and Jim we really appreciate your passing along Rob's experience with this devilish disease. Lord be with us all as we await some sort of vaccine or treatment that will help protect us and our loved ones.
Rick

Visits: