Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buddy Kriebel Health Status

SOSUS/IUSS Friends & Associates of Buddy Kriebel:

I recently learned and am sorry to report that Buddy has experienced some serious health problems - a severe spinal injury in 2016 and then a massive stroke in 2018 that affected his right side. He completely lost the use of his right arm, has difficulty getting out of bed, standing, or walking, and sits in a wheelchair. He is receiving care at an assisted living facility.

I'd like to encourage all of you who know Buddy to send a few words of encouragement and let him know you're thinking of him. You can do this by sending email to buddy (at) iusscaa dot org (replace the (at) with @ and the dot with a period (.)) That gets past a lot of the bots out there harvesting addresses. Your messages will be relayed by his wife, Sue.
-Jack

Re: Buddy Kriebel Health Status

So sorry to hear about Buddy's health condition.
Thanks Jack for letting us know the latest.
I will send to Buddy@iusscaa.org. - Ed

Thanks for the information Jack. I was really surprised to hear of Buddy's health problems and will definitely send him an email. We were in the same watch section on Adak and he flew with me on the P3 when we ended up on Midway. See photos of us in the Midway section of photos in the IUSSCAA Photo Library on this website.

I wasn't aware of Buddy's health problems, either. I will email Sue now.
Appreciate the heads up, Jack

As a follow up, Sue emailed me back and said Buddy's assisted living facility has been on lockdown since mid March. She will get any messages to him as soon as feasible.

Visits: