Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OTM Training pays off!

Randy, it is so good to see your reply. Because of unbelievable people like you I have had the most remarkable and rewarding professional career. Thinking back to our golden years in IUSS (1970's & 1980's) I can genuinely say I was fortunate to have worked among Giants who were not just great technicians but great people. I barely know my co-workers now but I can vividly remember everyone from the OT community.

Kind of you to say that, Mike. I'm not surprised you've done well for yourself, you always did. Sometimes I am still amazed when I think back to the dedication and commitment so many had, while making barely livable salaries. Our country got quite the bargain. :). Be blessed, my friend.

Before the conversion to OT, ETN/ETR ratings did the maintenance and repairs on the radios, transmitters, antennas, and fix sonar system (including tape recorders).

My expertise in computers and electronics just got better and better. It became my hobby as well. But what I did as an OTM was the best most diverse tech I was allowed to work on. When I get challenged there are so many examples to draw on.

Visits: