IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of former OTA1 James D. Rankin

J. Douglas Rankin passed away on 15 November 2017. We were stationed together at San Nic, and again at Dam Neck. If I recall correctly, he separated out of the Navy in the mid 1980s with some personal issues. As far as I know, he was never a member of our association. But he served honorably for a number of years. I hope we can list him on the "In Memoriam" page. page.

I lost touch with him over the years, and decided it was time to reconnect. Sent e-mails; no reply. Tried various routes - nothing. I finally went to a site called "Findagrave" (you fellow taphophiles out there know about it), and learned the sad news. The link is posted below, and the site is free to view.

www.findagrave.com/memorial/195030285/james-douglas-rankin

Sorry about the "time late" on your 820 report Doug. Some things NEVER change, eh?

Re: Passing of former OTA1 James D. Rankin

Thank you for posting that.

Sorry to hear about another OT passing :( I don't think I knew him although the name sounds familiar.

I have passed the information on to Jack Holdzkom, who acts as the association historian.

OTA1 Rankin will be added to the memorial list with the end of month update during the first week of August.

Sorry for your loss.

Fair Winds and following seas OTA1 James Douglas Rankin.

:(

I guess we're getting into that group that was after my time. Again, not a Sailor that I knew personally but like the webmaster, a name that I recognize, Always sorry to hear of a "system" sailor passing. Rest in Peace Shipmate.

J

I had the fortune to know him, he was a good guy. We did get in touch once after he left the Navy and exchanged emails a few times but then, like alot of times, lost contact. Im sorry to hear he passed.

Visits: