Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bob Masciangioli

Thanks for sharing Nick, Bob was a pleasure and joy to serve with at ARG in the mid 1970's. RIP Bob Masciangioli.

I too knew Bob. I first met him at NAVFAC Centerville Beach while I was there in 68-71 timeframe. It is so sad to hear of his passing. May memories of the past help ease the families pain during this terrible time. Ed Smock

Depressing and sad to hear of Bob’s passing. He was a great instructor, full of energy and had such wonderful humor! Chris and I convey our sympathies to Bob’s family, he will be missed by so many people!

Very sad to see another shipmate passing away. Elaine and I send our sincere regrets to Bob's family. Having just read the news on Phil Blauvelt's hospitalization, it should make us all more cautious during these very difficult times. Stay safe.

O.B.

Bob was a good friend and solid OTA shipmate. My deepest condolences to his family. Sad news, and I understand that comorbidities (of which I have many) are something to consider in this time of disease. A great guy has passed on to man the watch topside.

Very sad news indeed. I served with Bob at Argentia and Brawdy and remember him and his wife Roberta as very friendly and professional colleagues. My condolences and prayers to Bob's family and friends.

Sorry to say I never knew Bob. Heard positive things about him most of my career.

In the mid-70's, I was a dayworker at Lewes with Tom LaPrade, Dave Canady and Jack Fessler. Jack and Dave got along well but took particular delight in messing with each other.

Jack apparently owed Dave one so one day when Dave was out of the office, Jack stole Dave's dungaree ball cap and held it hostage. Dave returns, notices his cover missing and immediately turns to Fessler and threatens mayhem if he doesn't return it...toot sweet.

Jack smiles and rips the bill off the cap and throws both pieces to Dave. I thought Dave and Jack were coming to blows.

I picked up the destroyed cover and read the stencil....Bob Masciangioli.

Whoda thunk it?

Visits: