Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Covid Vaccine

Hello Shipmates,
After a long haul and jumping through many hoops Deb and I finally got our first shot (Pfizer) with the second scheduled for March 24th. For those of you who are wary of side effects, Neither Deb nor I suffered anything beyond a little soreness at the injection site. Get out there and get yours when you can. If we all work together we can beat this thing back and regain a bit of sanity and normalcy. Good thoughts and prayers to all.

John

Re: Covid Vaccine

I'm under 65 I have one for sure and maybe another medical issue that allows me to get this vaccine. I kept putting in for it thru the state web site but I guess was never fast enough. A note came in from the local VA center offering the vaccine which I called and got picked up. Anybody interested should try that route. As long as you have been to the VA before you may be able to get the vaccine in that way. Age and medical issues seemed not a concern.

I support John's plea 100 %. My entire family has now received the Vaccine with absolutely no side effects with which to be concerned. I had slight body aches similar to the effects of a flu shot but no one else in my family had any problems including "drum roll please"
my 103 years young Mother. That trooper marched up to the site and got her shot along with everyone else and has had no problems whatsoever.

So, I support John. Get out there and get this Vaccine when its your turn and help beat this thing back into submission or where ever it came from.

Good post John!

J

No side effects for myself, Donnes and her sister Cheryl, except a little soreness at the injection site. Never received a response from the state (New Mexico) COVID site but finally was called by a clinic at the local hospital.

Hope it works!

Chris and I are scheduled to get our first shot Monday morning, after pursuing it on several sites here in central Florida. My personal opinion on Covid is not important but I do believe they should have put a retired Master Chief in charge of each state's vaccination process. Truth!

There have been several times when I have thought that a Master Chief should have should have been running things in this country. Seems like too many ensigns in charge.
Got my first shot last Thursday as a front line worker in a grocery store and called twice since then by the VA in Albany. TOM

I agree Randy. Even a bunch of us old system guys would be a great idea.

This is my 15th year of doing nothing and I have perfected that skill down to a science. Not sure I have the time for anything else:innocent:

That's pretty funny John. However, I know that if you received a call saying it was time for us to reassemble, you would be leading the charge.

Thanks all for doing your part. Kathy and I are fully vaccinated as of 23 February - as we have always done in service to our country and our shipmates. - Jim

Visits: