Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It is my “Thank You” time again.

Smokey, I turned 70 last month which means I was 3 when you hit me for missing oar rate on a Viking craft. That was my first of many technical oversights and you found it :) Congrats on a long and illustrious career, Ed! Your hash marks must be up your shoulder and across your back to the other arm! Be blessed and be safe.

Randy

Ed - the impressive list of well-wishers in response to your post is testimony to what you mean to our community. You have watched all of us come and go - yet you remain on watch. The fortunate among us can brag about what you taught us as we passed through "your system". I have so many fond memories of our time and adventures together. You made all of us better than we would have ever been without you. Thanks, and love from a grateful shipmate!
George

Re: It is and then Imy “Thank You” time again.

Ed,
Don't get out on the web very often these days. But now and then I do return to the system web page to see all the familiar names. When I saw your post I just had to send along my congratulations as well. When you joined the system I was just 6 years old. But I remember hearing stories of your exploits while standing watch at Arg in the early 1970's. I also remember our bass fishing outing and cherish the times we shared. You are indeed a very special person, and our system is very fortunate to have you still in the hunt. My best regards, and stay safe. Rick

Im with Ed D., you must be getting old Smokey..... you still get a full pizza and a pitcher of beer?....for yourself??? Ill bet so...congrats...youve lasted way longer than those wrecker cars you used to run between Va beach and TRW....
jack

Visits: