Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: That "Hearing Issue" again

No idea I am still using VA supplied hearing aids, hope you can find something. Not hearing is a real pain in the, well you know.

John, I'm not familiar with that particular technology but I hope it works out for you. I am still using my devices I got through the RACHAP program 5 years ago, but may look into replacements soon. For David...how do you get replacements through the VA?

Randy

Thanks guys. There's a lot of reading material that accents all the positives but there's no better info than that info that comes from a user.

Growing old is not for Sissies as we have all said at one time or another.

Thanks again. Keep your "ears" open for me and let me know if you stumble upon a user of the technology.

J

I just called audiology and they made me an appointment and replaced my old ones, I have 80% service connected disability so no cost.

John, A friend of mine just got updated cochlear implants. He is really stoked about how much better the new ones are. I believe he hears better than I do using hearing aids. Here is his email address so you get unfiltered info instead of what I thought he said. Dick Lane, r.lane95@yahoo.com

He will be expecting your questions

Thanks Jerry. I'm writing him now!

J

Jerry,

Thanks again for your reference to Dick Lane. He couldn't have been more helpful. He wrote an extensive piece on his situation that led to Cochlear considerations and a great description of his experiences after the implant. Its great to have the input of someone with no agenda.

Thanks again Buddy, I appreciate your taking the time to help.

John

Visits: