IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shadow Box

I was doing my weekly house cleaning and dusting my retirement shadow box when I thought about sharing a picture of my shadow box with other IUSS members but realized I cannot upload a picture on the message board. Is the Photo Library the only way to upload photos?

Re: Shadow Box

Hello Randy.

The only way to upload is to the photo library at this time. Hopefully that will be changing, just do not know when yet. I am working on it.

Meanwhile if you want, you can email to me using the director address (director@iusscaa.org) and I can make an area on the server and link them in a post for you.

Just make sure the subject line tells me it is from you.

Hope that helps

Thanks Russ,

I thought it would be interesting to see everyone’s retirement shadow box. When I retired the CPOA said they would get and put together my shadow box but I said no thanks, I know exactly what I want. Instead of a brass plaque with the list of my duty stations, I had kept my uniform name tags from each command. I removed the command medallion and placed them at the bottom of the shadow box. I was teaching at FASW Pac in San Diego in the late-1990s and was able to obtain an unannotated lofargram, can anyone ID it? The red border around the gram is representative of the venus unique annotation. The 10 points are inscribed with Ops Admin 5123, Kef was my first and last NavFac. I went TAD on board USS Michigan for a SSBN patrol and had to worked feverously to complete sub quals before returning to port. All the STS on board really helped me to get qualified, but I think they were just excited to have someone that knew acoustics and they did not have to use the YN2 for sonar watches.
I hope all IUSS members have a good Memorial Day and remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

No disrespect, my brother, but it's good you went out on a "hide with pride" unit. The last time I saw you, you wouldn't recognize a submarine on a bus tour of Groton, Conn.

You were a maintainer. You did POMSEE.

Miss you, Randy. Been way too long.

Nick

Sorry Nick, but I think you are thinking of a different Randy Brown. I was an analyst 1982 to 2003.

Gomen Nasai

Just posting this to put Randy's Shadowbox right in line so you don't have to click the website link to see it.

This is Randy Brown's shadow box.

I am quite enamored with shadow boxes these days. As I said in my shadow boxes thread, I was a short timer so never made a shadow box but my son, Justin, is getting ready to retire and I have been helping him gather some items for his shadow box.

This is a very cool tradition that I was quite unaware of.

Beautiful box. Just needs a slide rule to tell the whole story.

J

Visits: