IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks for the kind thoughts

It’s been forever since I visited this site. I truly appreciate all the well wishes. Here is an update on my condition. Following the stroke and extensive testing the doctors determined that I had a 50% blockage of my left carotid artery. It was decided that this was the probable cause of the stroke so I had surgery to remove the blockage on Dec 31st, yep New Years Eve. The surgery went well and the blockage was successfully removed. I have recovered well and am doing well. Again I can’t thank you all enough for your prayers and well wishes. Stay safe

Re: Thanks for the kind thoughts

I am very glad to hear you're doing better. You can't keep a good man down. Take care.

Robin,

Glad to see your post on the site and particularly glad to hear of the successful procedures that have you on the road to recovery.

Pat and I wish you continued recovery and good health.

Keep us posted old friend. You're one of the good guys.

John and Pat

Robin,
Glad to "hear" that you are "cavitating" again. Take care. Ed Smock

I was just thinking of you recently, Robin. Chris and I are glad you're on the road to recovery and wish you many healthy and happy days ahead.

Randy

Robin, sorry to hear of your medical 🏥 plight. All the best for a speedy recover. Ed

Robin, so glad you’re still with us. I was thinking about you last month while looking at my first Honorable Discharge certificate from 1983, signed by one Robin Hood. I still fondly and foggily remember a few QA drinking sessions in your garage in Adak. I know how you feel, I had a heart attack back in Sep 2019 and they found blockage in one of my arteries. The Doc put a stent in and gave me more medication than I ever wanted to take. Had to give up my 46 year smoking habit and drinking too. Sure I’ll live longer, but it’ll be miserable years without cigarettes, booze, and good food. Take care of yourself Robin and listen to them Docs.

Good to hear things are going better. Pray you have a full recovery!!

Robin, I was so pleased to read your update, that you are getting better and I hope that your recovery continues to progress well. I think of everyone in the old guard so often and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to work with the best people life as to offer. I have no doubt that in our prime that I was fortunate to have walked beside giants. Anyway, please take care and be happy.

I'm still down in the trenches working at COMSUBGRU-7 in Japan as the Technical Director for Undersea Warfighting Development. But in reality I'm just the old guy that tells the staff why their new ideas are wrong. The battle is still the same except that our bench is really thin and I see no hope in our reliefs. We'll never re-create the magic that we had in the IUSS glory days.

Best wishes Mike

Visits: