Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: COVID Vaccine Side Effects

Rick,

Both Namiko and myself have had both of our Moderna shots with no significant side effects to report. As a result, we are anxiously waiting our opportunity for a 3rd booster shot if approved for Moderna.

Based on the difference between the two vaccines I don't know if they will approve a booster for Moderna in the near term.

"Moderna's shot contains 100 micrograms of vaccine, more than three times the 30 micrograms in the Pfizer shot.'

Rick

Kathy and I had our COVID vaccine shots back in February. She had Moderna and I had Pfizer. No side effects for either of us. Everyone else over the age of 11 in our family of 17 (save for one stubborn son) is fully vaccinated with no side effects reported.

I’ll be receiving the Pfizer Booster next week along with my 47th consecutive annual flu shot. Not taking any chances.

My wife and I are both in our middle 80's. We both had the two Moderna shots in
March-April 2021 with no side effects other than a short (one day) - and mild - soreness
at the injection sites.

Another week has passed without side effects for me. I'm hoping all is going well and I will pass through this event unscathed. Good to see so many of you also reporting no adverse effects.

Rick:

Pleased to report good news; however, I go nowhere and see no one because I have
a compromised lung capacity due surgery some 8 years ago.

I don't see this self-imposed restriction changing in the near future.

Stay very safe.

Bruce

Got the Pfizer booster on September 29th. No side effects except for a slightly sore arm.

Jerry

Good news Rick! Praying for that to continue. Barb & I had our Moderna shots in Feb/Mar and the Booster recently. Also had the Flu Vaccine the day before the Booster. No side effects after any of them. Recently battling afib. Have been shocked once and most recently packed with amiodarone. Both put me back in Sinus Rhythem but back in afib a day or so later.

Another take on the Pfizer COVID vaccine booster shot.

Two days ago I received my third Pfizer COVID vaccine jab (booster shot). While there I asked my pharmacist if I could receive the flu shot at the same time. He indicated I could and that I had the option of receiving both shots in one arm or one shot in both arms. I chose the latter. I’m happy to report that 2 days later I’ve had absolutely no side effects; not even mild soreness around the injection sites.

I’m not sure if this is an old wives tale, Navy urban legend or a scientific fact. But years ago at Barbers Point, Hawaii a Senior Chief Corpsman suggested I go for a long run immediately after receiving the flu vaccine. He said the heavy cardio would help “push” the vaccine through my system thereby eliminating any possible side effects. I did; it worked; and I have followed that advice ever since for every vaccination (flu, pneumonia, tetanus, shingles, COVID etc.).

I’m no longer a runner but I did go for a 1-hour walk at the local park, Mount Trashmore immediately after leaving the Rite Aid on Monday morning. I’m not sure if this is a mental cure (all in my mind), but it sure seems to work for me.🤷🏼‍♂️

I told my kids that with all these shots I sometimes feel half human and half clone.😉😂

- Jim

Peggy and I both received the Moderna shots in February and March. One day of general fatigue following shot days, but no other side-effects. I received my Moderna booster this morning. Raked and bagged leaves for a few hours afterwards, just in case I won't feel like to tomorrow.

Visits: