Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: COVID Vaccine Side Effects

Another take on the Pfizer COVID vaccine booster shot.

Two days ago I received my third Pfizer COVID vaccine jab (booster shot). While there I asked my pharmacist if I could receive the flu shot at the same time. He indicated I could and that I had the option of receiving both shots in one arm or one shot in both arms. I chose the latter. I’m happy to report that 2 days later I’ve had absolutely no side effects; not even mild soreness around the injection sites.

I’m not sure if this is an old wives tale, Navy urban legend or a scientific fact. But years ago at Barbers Point, Hawaii a Senior Chief Corpsman suggested I go for a long run immediately after receiving the flu vaccine. He said the heavy cardio would help “push” the vaccine through my system thereby eliminating any possible side effects. I did; it worked; and I have followed that advice ever since for every vaccination (flu, pneumonia, tetanus, shingles, COVID etc.).

I’m no longer a runner but I did go for a 1-hour walk at the local park, Mount Trashmore immediately after leaving the Rite Aid on Monday morning. I’m not sure if this is a mental cure (all in my mind), but it sure seems to work for me.🤷🏼‍♂️

I told my kids that with all these shots I sometimes feel half human and half clone.😉😂

- Jim

Re: COVID Vaccine Side Effects

Peggy and I both received the Moderna shots in February and March. One day of general fatigue following shot days, but no other side-effects. I received my Moderna booster this morning. Raked and bagged leaves for a few hours afterwards, just in case I won't feel like to tomorrow.

Visits: