IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OTC Jim Daniel

I just received and confirmed that Jim passed away on 9-13-21 in Winterhaven, Florida. He was one of a kind and a great friend. The day I made Senior Chief, he shook my hand and said, a
nd I quote "don't let the stars get in your eyes,we're all Chiefs in this club. Now but me a beer". RIP Jim. The obit is on legacy.com .

O.B.

Re: OTC Jim Daniel

So sorry to hear of Jim's passing. my thoughts and prayers to his family. Some fond memories of our time in Argentia. Ray Skinner was always goofing Jim about his short stature. There was a peg holder for coffee cups hanging on the wall in EMD and of course Jim's cup was hung near the bottom. Ray used to take Jim's cup and move it up to the highest peg just to mess with him. Chiefs at play (lots of laughs). RIP shipmate.

I can’t recall with confidence where I knew Chief Daniel but it was probably Key West or Argentia. Regardless, he was one of us and we pass on our sympathy and prayers to his family. Rest well, Chief.

Never got to serve with Jim but any day an OT passes is a bad day. Your service was important, Chief.

Nick

Jim was in charge of "C" when I attended OTEC and C school in 74/75. He was a good guy and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

My first LPO, Sec 4, Arg, 1966. Jim Daniel as LPO, Jim Adair as TPO and Charlie Kohn as my station supervisor. Between the three of them, I didn't have a second to spare.

Jim Daniel and I had the occasion to play a couple of rounds of golf together. Let me just say he was a good LPO. :)

Jim was a great guy. Unfortunately, we didn't maintain contact after the 60th reunion. I regret that.

Our condolences to the Daniel family.

John and Pat Ellis

Prior to his time in Argentia, Jim was in the submarine service. I recall his initiation to Chief so well. He spent a lot of "his" day in a wet suit, scuba fins, and carrying a cardboard periscope that he had been instructed to manufacture, reporting "periscope sightings" of Chief Petty Officers. Jim was such a wonderful man. So proud, and with such grace. I will never forget when the CPO Creed was read to him. RIP my friend - you made me proud to know you.

I never had the opportunity to serve with Jim, but as can be seen by the comments here, that was a missed opportunity to meet and work with a good Chief! Fair Winds and Following Seas Jim.

Visits: