Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OTC Jim Daniel

Never got to serve with Jim but any day an OT passes is a bad day. Your service was important, Chief.

Nick

Jim was in charge of "C" when I attended OTEC and C school in 74/75. He was a good guy and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

My first LPO, Sec 4, Arg, 1966. Jim Daniel as LPO, Jim Adair as TPO and Charlie Kohn as my station supervisor. Between the three of them, I didn't have a second to spare.

Jim Daniel and I had the occasion to play a couple of rounds of golf together. Let me just say he was a good LPO. :)

Jim was a great guy. Unfortunately, we didn't maintain contact after the 60th reunion. I regret that.

Our condolences to the Daniel family.

John and Pat Ellis

Prior to his time in Argentia, Jim was in the submarine service. I recall his initiation to Chief so well. He spent a lot of "his" day in a wet suit, scuba fins, and carrying a cardboard periscope that he had been instructed to manufacture, reporting "periscope sightings" of Chief Petty Officers. Jim was such a wonderful man. So proud, and with such grace. I will never forget when the CPO Creed was read to him. RIP my friend - you made me proud to know you.

I never had the opportunity to serve with Jim, but as can be seen by the comments here, that was a missed opportunity to meet and work with a good Chief! Fair Winds and Following Seas Jim.

Visits: