IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Loss of a Shipmate

It is with a heavy heart that I must report the passing of OTCS Robert L Wisdom. He went to sleep on Dec 9th and passed last night after a tough 5 month battle. Per his request there will be no celebration of life service. He will be cremated and his ashes spread near where Bob grew up. Fair winds and following seas my brother!

Re: Loss of a Shipmate

Very sad news. Bob was a great man and shipmate. My sincere thoughts and prayers to his family in the days ahead. RIP my friend, we have the watch.

I’ve been sitting here trying to find the right words to express my profound sadness over the loss of Bob Wisdom. Let me just say that God graces us with very special people at times and Bobby was one of them. Rest in peace, dear friend.

Sad news indeed. May the fond memories of Bob help ease his family's pain at this very difficult time. Time will pass - memories will remain. Rest in peace Bob.

Sad news. Bob's struggles in this world have ceased. He has no more pain, and has reunited with Paula and his family who went before. We are sad at his passing for our loss of a beautiful spirit, but we must rejoice at his move to another plane of existence. Bob will be there waiting with a big smile when we move to join him. God Bless and keep him.. till next time we meet.

I am devastated. You and Bob were the greatest of many who trained me and were great shipmates at Kef and Adak. I can not count all the times I benefitted from your advice and will greatly miss Bob.

I do have one anecdote. At CVB in 1980 I was on the AA course. Late one day the COSP ORI team showed up. Bob, and others, had enjoyed a few brews and were in great spirits. When he saw me Bob came over and gave me a bear hug and practically lifted me off the ground. We had a great time and then I did not see Bob again until Adak. That thought will always make me smile and remember Bob in that vein. He was a great professional and a great shipmate.

I also like to think that Bob and Paula are reunited and are enjoying each other again.

As the ranks thin, my respect and admiration grows for all those who manned the Navfacs and continue to serve today. Thank you all for your service.

Scott Clausen
I am devastated. You and Bob were the greatest of many who trained me and were great shipmates at Kef and Adak. I can not count all the times I benefitted from your advice and will greatly miss Bob.

I do have one anecdote. At CVB in 1980 I was on the AA course. Late one day the COSP ORI team showed up. Bob, and others, had enjoyed a few brews and were in great spirits. When he saw me Bob came over and gave me a bear hug and practically lifted me off the ground. We had a great time and then I did not see Bob again until Adak. That thought will always make me smile and remember Bob in that vein. He was a great professional and a great shipmate.

I also like to think that Bob and Paula are reunited and are enjoying each other again.

As the ranks thin, my respect and admiration grows for all those who manned the Navfacs and continue to serve today. Thank you all for your service.
Nice post, Scott. You defined Bob well, especially his grin and bear hugs :) Bobby and his first wife Gina watched our 2 girls when we took Chris to the hospital to have our son in Kef. Our son is now 44, a measure of the history we all have with one another.

**** that’s sad news. I haven’t seen Bob since I worked for him in Adak, but I always had fond memories of those times. He was a good Sailor and man.

Sorry to hear this. Bob was a good friend and shipmate.

So sorry to hear this. Bob and I started our SOSUS journey together at "A' school in KW. He, Paula and the kids, and Kathy and I all lived at the El Patio Motel on Washington Street. Cold beers in the Florida sun capped by Bob's beaming smile and infectious laugh. They went to Midway after school. I stayed for "C" school and then we followed them to Midway. Too soon Bobby. Be at rest.

Sorry to hear of the loss of Bob. Sincere condolences to family. Another loss of an outstanding shipmate and American.

Visits: