Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flashback

68 and a half years ago on 22 March 1954 I began the greatest "Adventure" one could ever imagine. My "Adventure" continues. My Thanks to all of you for being a part of my life. Ed Smock

For Dick Rentner: I just wanted to tell you how much of a pleasure it was having you as The Analysis Division Officer in Keflavik. We had a great crew back there and you held us all together to get the job done well. We all got the benefit of your experience, calm demeanor and leadership. You came close to catching us playing Night Ops with all the lights out in the shop but never brought it up, even though you knew we were up to no good :) Sadly, Rick Hoffmann and Bob Wisdom are no longer with us and that really saddens my heart.
We send our best regards to you and Joan, who epitomized the term “better half”.

Randy and Chris

Dick (Warrant Rentner), I want to echo Randy's comments here. That tour at Kef (1976-79) was key a turning point in my Navy career and you were a big part of that transition. From your kind invitation to Thanksgiving dinner at your home less than 2 months after my arrival on island (actually, you picked me up at barracks #748), to your calm but direct, steady leadership as my DIVO in the Analysis Division, you emulated personal and professional qualities I strived to emulate over the next 30 plus years. Let's do dinner again. I think it's our turn. (<;

- Jim

We had a lot of good times in Brawdy didn't we, John.

Hell, at least they flew you. They put me on a train from St Louis to GLAKES on 23 FEB 71. Which was my first train ride. My first plane would have to wait until I graduated from Boot Camp.

Rick

Visits: