Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: We lost another.

I don't recall how or where from I know Greg, but it always sad to hear of the loss of another shipmate. My thoughts and prayers to his family RIP Greg.

Re: We lost another.

When I lived in GA, Greg wrote that he & the family were flying into Atlanta & would it be possible for me to meet him & say hi. I emailed him about bringing me some chicken Bouillon cubes - a lot of them. When we met up, his wanted to know what I was going to do with 200 bouillon cubes? His son wanted to know if they (I) didn't have chicken cubes in America? As it turned out, the cubes made the best chicken noodle soup ever.

He reminded me of a funny watch turnover - Greg Dyer was my sup in Kef, first tour. Artie Gafford was in the section also. We were at quarters before taking the watch & Greg was doing uniform inspection. When he got to Artie, he asked her if wearing a ball cap was part of the uniform? Artie replied 'Yes sir'. Then Greg said something to the effect that usually the ball cap has the command patch on it. Artie whipped off her ball cap & said some words, as the ball cap she had on was her drinking ball cap!

Greg always wondered what happened to Artie after she left Kef. She just disappeared . . . .

So that is my Greg Dyer story.

Visits: