Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Germany-bound Polish protestors and train stopped at border

Germany-bound Polish protestors and train stopped at border

Poland - An entire trainload of passengers was taken out of service Monday because 18 Polish anti-globalization activists refused to disembark on the border with Germany, the Polish news agency reported.

The 18 protestors, who were determined to get through to Rostock, Germany, near the site of the Group of Eight meetings that start Wednesday, had already been turned back once in the morning at the Kolbaskowo border crossing by German border agents and put on busses to the Stettin train station.

They later boarded the train, where Polish border police had no legal basis to remove them. After the protestors refused to leave the train, the journey was cancelled for all on board - including passengers who had nothing to do with the protest.

Re: Germany-bound Polish protestors and train stopped at border

Hurrah - the hairies and smellies save the world once again!

Shoot them!
I was in London today and a group of nutters are camped outside big ben shouting 'Bollocks to Tony' If my dog does jobbies on the path I am fined, If you smoke you will be fined, If I drive at 31Mph in a 30 limit I get fined but camp ouside one of Londong biggest tourist attractions and shout abuse at the Prime minister 'Nothing!'

When a German paper called Kaczinski a potato all hell broke loose in Poland.

Off with their heads, tree hugging nutters.

I'm off for a drive to cool off (in my 4x4 to run a few hedghogs and rabbits over). Not really befe you all get exited.
Deer are better as you can eat them afterwards.

Stump the tree-hugging hippie anarchists!! I will personally vlounteer for that assignment.

"but camp ouside one of Londong biggest tourist attractions and shout abuse at the Prime minister 'Nothing!'

Dajwid they do say the best things in life are free - at least we still have some democracy in this country

Was Hans up front stopping them?

Between you and me Michael, I think Hans was one of them. His persona on here is to throw the internet Police off the scent of his subversive anarchist activities. I do believe it has been discovered that he is growing a beard and owns a pipe. This proves his hippy/new age leanings.

Thousands commute across the border on a daily basis yet these 18 are stopped. They must have been a right wagonload of twats.