Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7 months passport

We have now waited out 11 weeks to get the apointment at the Polish Consulate in London.
We needed to make one for each person each from a seperate email account (our 1 year old now has her own email address)No telephone bookings online only.

We went to London today to find the same tiny office as 15 years ago (although there a few more Poles in the UK now)and a huge queue outside and a poor man shoutin out over the passing trafic ' visas only now' 'Document pick up now' After an hour with 2 screaming kids we were seen, all forms filled out twice (copier is too easy) we waited in another queue to been seen, 1 hour later sorted. Simple, fantastic.

We can pick up the passports in 4 months.

Teraz Polska. What service

Lots of very dark skinned poles picking up their passports Dark greasy hair, lots of gold, shiny winkle pickers. Strange but true

Re: 7 months passport

"Lots of very dark skinned poles picking up their passports Dark greasy hair, lots of gold, shiny winkle pickers. Strange but true "

Polish gypsies.

Why do you want Polish passports for your children?

Lost ID cards.

My Mrs wants Polish ones, I will also sort out British ones too.

If you can have both, then this makes sense, I suppose.

Was it easy to get British passports with children born in Poland?

Hans - my son was born here in Poland and has a british passport (issued by the ever helpful embassy in warsaw).
He also needs his polish one to cross the border with.

strange ... that "name here" was me. Someone stole my name data ... maybe the same person who made my pc think it was the middle of august ...