Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Język polski

It's not a popular paper with PiS voters.

Yes, Mike. I don't suggest you don't know a thing and you sould not share your oppinions. On the contrary, you may have a fresh eye and see things that escape Polish observers. I'd only be satysfied if someone sometimes said "all right, she could have her point" instead of "this must be ridiculous - she is a PiS voter".

I'd suggest "Dziennik" for balanced news - just my oppinion

My wife tells me that PiS / Radio Maria types are always bleating that interferring foreigners are to blame for everything wrong in Poland. It's the usual nationalistic response. The Nazis did the same. BNP do the same thing to get votes in England.

" I'd only be satysfied if someone sometimes said "all right, she could have her point" instead of "this must be ridiculous - she is a PiS voter".
"

OK, please, start by opening a thread about those people who left in the 1970s and now want their property back. I assume you are talking about the Poles who claimed some dilute German ancestry in order to go and clean toilets in Germany?

I have no idea what they did back in Germany. Could we arrange it for tomorrow? I'm a tired pregnant woman spending too much time in front of PC, waiting for her husband to come back from work (he left at 7 a.m.)

Good night, everyone.

"Could we arrange it for tomorrow?"

Super.

Good night. What does your husband do?

I only know a handful of Polish words .

Are they rude ones Neil?

Dzjenkuja, prosha, spadej (get lost!), piwo, herbata, kawa, kocham cie, jeden, dwa, pzeprasham, kurwa

And Hans's favourite - borak.

I can't spell in Polish.

Thank you Hans for teaching me borak. Very useful.

What would 'you fucking borak' be? Kurwa borak?

'ty pierdolony buraku'

well those should pretty much get you by Neil

I liked reading Neil's Polish - this is why I like reading trashy American literature translated into Polish: I can see how to spell the words I use.

The newspapers are useless for learning Polish because they are so divorced from the language of everyday people (and I don't mean vulgarisms, just normal stuff), as is Polish literature.