Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Polish daddy's girls want to marry someone like dad

http://dailynewspaper.co.uk/contents/nav/top10nav.htm

This article is based on Polish research.
You women out there ... is this true?

Should I have spent all my time trying to track down physically similar fathers-in-law with daddy's girl daughters?

And as for you, were you close to your father?

Re: Polish daddy's girls want to marry someone like dad

I can't find the article you cite.

http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_tech/article2651056.ece

I read this article yesterday and was thinking of posting it as the research was jointly between durham university and Poland (was it Wroclaw?).

The gist of it is that if you were close to your father and had a good relationship you would go for men who look like him. If not then you would find men who looked like him unnattractive. Logical really....

So, Ania, let me take you back to your childhood ...

- No, let's cut the crap. You look like my beloved dad, what yer doin' tonight?

It sounds crazy for me. Sure I always thought my mom is exteremally lucky to have such a husband and I can see now that my husband is similar in his advantages and some vices and general attitude as a human being to my dad, but they are not similar phisically.

I read somewhere long ago that your partner HAS to smell completelly different to your parent of the opposite sex (it appears there are less and more attractive sweat smells

So, now I have to go round smelling armpits too?
Life's getting complicated.

admit it - you don't "choose" to do that in a Polish summer. more often than not it's forced on you ...

Always a good idea to smell your own before you go out Varsovian. There was a study which proved that men who do this are far more successful with women...

The case concerns women.

We smell men not the opposite...

although I knew a guy who used to say hello and approach quickly to inhale the smell of a girls neck

"although I knew a guy who used to say hello and approach quickly to inhale the smell of a girls neck"

That sounds a bit creepy. A bit like the film "Perfume".

I must admit, there is something nice about necks.

Count Varsovian?

1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 ... can I stop now please?