Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: UK passport = pricey

Mark, I've sent you an email .

fwiw i got maternity pay ...

Thanks - I got it!

Yes, that was exactly what I was wondering. Thankfully, I've never had cause to make any sort of claim against ZUS-controlled funds, but, have now paid a huge amount of money into the kitty. It'd be a bugger, if indeed, as Dajwid says, all this money is lost .

Have you ever considered a move back to England? Even if only for a year or two to give your son some experience of life in England.

I think this would break European Union laws about mobility of workforce. Your payments would be safe from the time Poland joined the EU.

Was that to me Si?

I have thought about it, but work won't allow it now.

When he's a bit older, I'll send him to my family for the summer.

I was thinking of something like that with our kids, but perhaps adventure/activity holidays might be a better idea.
More likely in the short term is having nephews and nieces over from England to stay with us.

Yes, sorry, Mark, that was to you. The idea of a summer with family sounds a good one, as does the activity holiday suggestion. I guess it's all too easy for the offspring of people like us to lose real contact with all things UK ...

You're absolutely right. Max loves it when family come to visit. He especially likes acting as an interpreter in shops ;)

How old is Max now? Six, seven?

Planning any more?

The "English cousins" were surprised to find our kids could speak normally! Our kids were surprised at the funny Yorkshire accent!
And how could anyone just sit there in company with an MP3 on?? (An English teenager - you might have guessed)

Max is 7 1/2 and staring big boys school in September.

No others on the horizon yet.

[Forrest Gump mode]"And that's all I have to say about that" [/Forrest Gump mode]