Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Polish workers in Amsterdam

I have been contacted by a Dutch recruitment agency saying they are looking for Polish financial workers for banking work in Amsterdam.

I didn't realise that Holland had opened its doors to Polish workers. Have I missed something or
is this agency so desperate for Polish staff that it is willing to arrange special work permits?

Re: Polish workers in Amsterdam

My brother-in-law is interested - could you give some sort of link?

As from 1st May 2007 Polish employees can officially work in Holland.

Ok Varsovian...so yet another skilled worker will leave Poland! Oh well, here are the details :

Fred Spies
Executive Manager
Nummer10 Masters in Finance | Keizersgracht 317 | 1016 EE AMSTERDAM
T 020 - 489 23 20 | F 020 - 489 23 25 | M 06 - 136 33 437

Ania,

I thought you were against Polish workers leaving Poland

I am Hans. But if this guy wants to leave Poland he will find some other way with or without my help. Better for him to find a job before leaving the country rather than end up on the streets.

Skilled workers are internationally mobile - you only leave a high-paid job if you're going to another.