Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blatent Racism

Blatent Racism on the forum really needs to be controlled.
It is a shame that some tend to attack non stop with little to back up the intelligent comments.

'Germans suck' comments !!

The forum is about Poland, although politics will always come into things surely racist comments should be refrained from.

Re: Blatent Racism

Reading through recent posts is someone using 'Michael Dabrowski's name?

It really is not like him to be so offensive, 'so what' comments on important news articles.

racist Comments everytime Hans posts.

Surely not the old 'I love you all' that we all remember.

Dabrowski is old school. Cmon, leave him lone. Its not like there haven’t been legitimate anti-Polish comments here before…

I don’t think he means any harm.

Michael Dabrowski has always had a problem with Germans or anybody reporting news items, which he probably sees as rasist. I see that he usually posts on an open forum for Americans where nothing other than Polish recipes and culture is discussed. Forget him! Besides his opinion is his opinion.

"Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Forum members may post a message about anything related to Poland and Polish news. Subjects include: Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish current affairs; culture and history; Polish food and recipes; visiting Poland; property and investment issues. Opinions expressed are those of individual members and as such are generally left uncensored. The aim of our group is to allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish! This is not an open-to-all public message board, but something more akin to a community blog with a fairly limited number of people having full access. "

Let him say what he wants. Readers can decide for themselves on the validity of and intellect behind his comments .

erm there are plenty of "Poles suck" type comments on here. Is that not racist too?

I think you are being rather selective in the political correctness Dajwid.

Michael is entitled to his opinion just as you are entitled to yours.

I think nobody except for that Muslim visitor has ever said anything like 'Poles suck'. I certainly haven't. I aim to back opinions up with real-life examples or news reports. This is how it should be.

Discussing his opinions or comments is pointless in my view.

Their opinion. Your Opinion. My opinion.

I suggest this whole thread be deleted.

I agree with Hans for once!

Suck, could have been a incorrect word, but I am upset with everything is better in Germany, and the Germans want to run everything.
Give the Polish, who are great people, a chance to make their own mistakes.
Yes, many Polish people are very unhappy with the Germans, this I found out on my last visit, that I spent a month in Poland.
I drive a German car, a Benz, and it is great, but others could be as good.

Maybe it starts at the top. Politicians drive German cars, in the past they had Lancia 'work that out'?
Not many Poles buy Polish, sadly.

Lancia = Fiat. Why would anyone want to drive that shit! Same kind as trash as Daewoo. Cheap rubbish for the tasteless masses.

My son, and a good friend of mine is Poland has a Daewoo, and they are a good for the money car. You get what you pay for.

I am thinking of changing my Polish surname by deed poll (my two sons' as well). My wife has retained her Irish surname and we're thinking of getting a name that we're ALL happy with.

Some of the current frontrunners are: Xerxes, Jor-El (Superman's original name, I believe), Zappa, Cetacean, Alcibiades, Ngorongoro, Slartibartfast.

Do you notice how we're trying to avoid any hint of the Slavic, the Jewish, the Arabic, the Anglo-Saxon, the Celtic, the Asian, the Teutonic?

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Kazimierz K. Kowalski

I also like the names Blatent and Daewoo.

i always preferred beeblebrox, myself ...

Try this

(Sorry forgot how to insert a hyperlink....)

http://rpg.cyberpunks.org/startrek/char/generate/

Cooper is a good sir name for an ex pole

Thanks guv'na!