Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
So of the best food in the world is in Poland

On my last visit to Poland, from April 15th. until May 13th., my wife and I had some of the best meals every. Some were in the home of family and friends, others we ate out.
Poland has, by far the best bread, and ice cream anywhere, none better.
What is your favorite food in Poland, and why?
Where in Poland do you have the best meals?
Why is the milk so different than here in the U.S.A.

I am sorry, if I upset anyone, but when I read the Germans this, and the Germans that, and they are best, I get upset, and lost my cool.

Re: So of the best food in the world is in Poland

Michael, obviously I am biased because I like Polish food. The restaurants in Poland are good because many still cook food properly from scratch using fresh ingredients. (I'm sure there are many exceptions to this rule but the ones I've eaten in sell decent wholesome grub).

I think maybe in the States things are more processed and less organic. Do you have a choice of organic food in American supermarkets these days?

a lot of poles still shop daily, so fresh food!
Lots is organic still (unless they shop in huge supermarkets) Lots of the milk is UHT but you can still get fresh.
Most meals are real homecooked not out of the freezer.

Lots of the ice cream is made by the shops, very good but they are slowly going

Bread is a tough one,but most Poles would agree, my local Polish shop charges £1.49 a loaf in Poland it is about 1.50PLN that is a massive mark up.

We still get sausages bought over from Poland.

Bloody hell am I agreeing

Still don't like Polish cheese though

We had a bakery just across from our Apt. and we got some great bread, at around .40 cents American, as I remember, or less, and was very good.