Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Miss Polonia UK

My ex-boss phoned me recently and asked me to vote for her daughter in the Miss Polonia UK competition.

Have a look and see what you think.

Homepage: http://www.misspoloniauk.com/
voting: http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/1201,pojedynekeu.html

Re: Miss Polonia UK

My vote for the girl in question

Miss Polonia !!!

Some great looking ladies there though

*speechless*

My vote based on the images would be for Julia Suroz. 9/10

*speechless*

You don't agree!?!

I mean I wouldn't turn down any of them in a dark, cold alley. But ...

Joanna Siudzińska.

Some real dogs there.

Poland's finest export

Which one is your ex-bosses daughter though?

i thought Joanna Podurgiel looked ... um .. ./searches for words/ ... better than the rest (to a female eye at least). she even smiles in one of pics in the Prywatne galerie finalistek

My usual critics opinion:

Only two or three might be classed as beautiful looking. Most of them are plain ordinary. Some look like common 'street girls'. Two or three are just plain ugly. All of them have far too much make-up on. None of them look like 'nice people'.

If I had to vote it would be for Kinga Grzeszczyk.

But an interesting link.

Second choice for me would be Joanna Podurgiel.

Maybe I just prefer more mature looking women

http://www.missnorthernireland.co.uk/winners2007.php

http://www.missgermany.de/index_/mscamp06.html

I think true beauties never enter such contests.

don't moan, guys. i clicked on Mister Germany...

Apart from one or two, the finalists all look very similar to each other.

I guess the really pretty girls might not be tall enough or have the perfect figure for this sort of contest.

I was speechless, because in the 15 years that I've been out of the country, the phrase 'beauty contest' seems to have completely changed it's meaning.

Most of that lot would have come second to the donkey at Butlins.

"Most of that lot would have come second to the donkey at Butlins."

Now those are the words I wanted .

"or have the perfect figure for this sort of contest."

Have you seen the figures of these girls. Some of them are complete donkeys

"Any port in a storm"

"Only two or three might be classed as beautiful looking. Most of them are plain ordinary. Some look like common 'street girls'. Two or three are just plain ugly. All of them have far too much make-up on. None of them look like 'nice people'. "

A fair summary

My girlfriend (Polish) was in fits looking at them