Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sex slavery gang busted in Poland

Sex slavery gang busted in Poland
Jul 5, 2007, 11:07 GMT

Warsaw - Nine Poles and one Ukrainian are facing criminal charges after Polish border guards busted a sex slave gang attempting to sell Polish women to brothels in Germany and Switzerland, the PAP news agency reported Thursday.

The gang was exposed when three Polish women it recruited on false information to work in Switzerland managed to escape before being enslaved in a Swiss brothel.

'During the trip to Switzerland the women realised they had been tricked - they managed to return to Poland,' Polish Border Guard spokesman Grzegorz Klejnowski said.

Four men face charges of human trafficking carrying a minimum penalty of three years behind bars.

Shocking. These women managed to get away - I wonder how many don't... One of the saddest sights at the German border crossing at Świecko is minibuses from the Ukraine full of beautiful young women.

Re: Sex slavery gang busted in Poland

It's not just Ukrainian women that go across the border for 'work'.

I agree some women are no doubt forced into this. Others, if they were entirely honest, must have known that something dodgy was happening. Lots just make the decision to sell their ass purely on financial grounds.

The men involved in this sex slavery racket should receive harsh punishments.

"The men involved in this sex slavery racket should receive harsh punishments. "

The punters?

No, the "Nine Poles and one Ukrainian" running the sex slavery gang.

Prostitution flourishes now as never before due to the social breakdown everywhere in Europe.

The best weapon against prostitution is ... the wife!
Unfortunately, as "FREEDOM" is the only slogan in town, Europeans are having less sex than ever before. Women are better designed to be celibate than men, and are more successful at lying to themselves about their failed lives.

Cue widespread prostitution - perfectly timed to coincide with the collapse of the Soviet system and the Yugoslav and (especially) Kosovo conflicts.

"and are more successful at lying to themselves about their failed lives."

Interesting statement. Can you explain what you mean...?

Women seem better able to lie to themselves about just how fulfilling a lifestyle can be had by pretending to be single men in their twenties, when the sad truth is often that by choice or self-created circumstance they are just moving restlessly in their thirties from one doomed relationship to another.
Society is dependent on women holding everything together. You can argue endlessly about how unfair this is, but that's the way it is.
Throw children into the equation and things get really complicated.
Put simply, married life is the way ahead for men, women and the general good of society. Arguing in favour of extended freedom and the lack of responsibility is pure madness.

Easy to say marriage is the key to a happy society but married life is no bed of roses for women who are abused mentally or physically. Of the single mum friends I have, one unknowingly married an alcoholic, another had her long term partner (since age 16) leave when he realised two year olds at age 22 were not as much fun as single life.

The number of single people unable to settle in a relationship these days is a testimony to the failure of many unhappy marriages to produce well adjusted children, and emotionally stable adults. It's part of a bigger problem in society. That of a lack of respect between human beings.

I do strongly believe in marriage by the way, but I think our "me" society as it stands doesn't lay the groundwork for marriages to work.

All social propaganda is in favour of "me" arguments. What amazes me is the number of women willing - in fact preferring - to have children outside of marriage when, in the UK at least, marriage is the only protection a woman gets.
Completely dumb.

Varsovian for some reason that makes me think of a jokey definition of chivalry : which is a man protecting a woman from every man but himself!