Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New forest visit

Not a Polish theme but just thought I'd share some photos from the beautiful New forest, where I went this weekend....

A horse hanging out on the village green ...

Re: New forest visit

Langley Wood

More horses by the roadside, this type at the golf club..

Some spectacular trees on our walk in the forest today.

Very nice. What is the nearest town?

We stayed at Fordingbridge on the west side of the New forest national park Hans. It's not too far from Christchurch and Salisbury. It is literally on the edge of the national park so you only have to drive for seconds and you reach stunning open moorland and wild ponies that sometimes stand in the middle of the road.

The forest is called Langley Wood Natural Nature Reserve, near Hamptworth.

Very friendly people there. A local landowner helped us with some excellent directions for our walk. The men were very gentlemanly letting me go first when ordering drinks at pubs (this happened at two or three different pubs and I was quite chuffed to be called a young lady today!). We had a lovely time in a log cabin with shared swimming pool and jacuzzi.

It truly is a beautiful part of the world, and one of the few I want to go back to for a second, no third, bite.
I camped in Ashurst and Lyndhurst. The walks are so fantastic and the people are so friendly.
And if you liked that, check out the Wye Valley and the Forest of Dean - Ross on Wye / Symond's Yat / Tintern / Cinderford.
Not too many biting insects either!

It looks beautiful - reminds me of Kampinoski Forest! Also Herefordshire is truly beautiful, though I found Symond's Yat a bit too touristy. The Elan Valley seemed nicer.

Personally I like Swaledale in North Yorkshire - the scenery aroung Gunnerside is spectacular.

Well there is so much choice in the UK. My personal favourites are pretty much all the south coast & the south downs especially the Isle of Wight. The peak district, the lake district, snowdonia and the Lleyn Peninsula. Cheddar gorges is nice too as is Dartmoor. I am planning a trip to Scotland soon (Isle of Skye hopefully). Also would love to visit Isles of Scilly someday.

As I have said before, I think the countryside in the UK is the most beautiful in the world and I prefer it to any other part of Europe (inc Poland).

It's completely unfair - I have a friend who's going walking in Swaledale in August. I'm jealous ... and saddened that I can't be there. That makes me feel a long way from home.

But the dark cloud passes as soon as it came.

oooh password is working now....!

Varsovian don't worry - you are not missing much as it has been a typical british summer here so far this year....

But it hasn't rained everywhere.
Another Cerne Abbas reference here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007320865,00.html