Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Poland arrests Palestinian with alleged Al Qaeda ties

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007717story_17-7-
2007_pg4_11

Polish military intelligence has arrested a Palestinian suspected of
ties with Al Qaeda, according to a news report Monday. Intelligence
officers arrested the individual, who was using a fake passport,
overnight on Wednesday after tailing him for several days, the right-
wing daily Dziennik said citing sources close to the investigation.
Contacted by AFP, Polish military intelligence refused to comment.
Dziennik reported that Polish investigators were in contact with
British, French, German and US intelligence about the case. It said the
arrest was tied to an operation in early June when Polish investigators
smashed a network producing fake passports and other documents
suspected of being used by groups with links to international militants

Re: Poland arrests Palestinian with alleged Al Qaeda ties

People complain about the security forces, but sometimes we really do need them.

Wonder what he was up to, and why in Poland?

Getting forged papers ...?

Mind you, it's easier to track non-whites in Poland, and there isn't a hard-core of Polish citizens who'd be happy to engage in violent subversion of the state.

Unfortunately, it's different in the UK, where even the teachers have priority problems. In a survey, some 58% of teachers disagreed or strongly disagreed with the statement: "It is quite proper for state-funded schools to promote loyalty to the state." A further 24% were undecided; just 18% agreed.

Polish passports take an age to arrive and they are stuffy about the pictures being exactly as per spec. My wife's photo was rejected because the frame of her glasses concealed part of her eyelid

But there's no problem with left ears now! Face on, exept for ID cards.

What about people with an ear missing...van gogh for example...?!

An acquaintance with such an issue (ears) told me they wouldn't under any circumstances allow any exception to the rules. He had rather hoped they would.

There's one possible way round it though. When EU foreigners needed the old Karta Pobytu, visa and work permit, I got the ear wrong at the photo-me booth so the company I worked for just scanned the photo and flipped it over on the computer. The result is that on the card, a rather noticeable scar is on the wrong side.

That's it!
I'm denouncing you to the authorities for an egregious use of kombinowania by a foreigner.