Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pesto

I love summer food.

Try this with a bottle of rose

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Olive-Oil-Tomato-and-Basil-Pasta/Detail.aspx

Re: Pesto

Thanks. My pesto has always comes out of jar. Maybe I'll try this version. I even have some basil growing on my balcony.

""""has always come""""

I don't like Polish made pasta. No taste. Cardboard texture. My mother-in-law also cooks it to a sloppy pulp. Same with rice.

And your MIL won't know what to make of carrot cake!

"Is that coconut ...?" cue puzzled look.

That recipe sounds a bit like provencale Pistou - always a bit nicer and fresher tasting than Pesto and a world away from the bottled stuff. Works well with other herbs too.

"I don't like Polish made pasta. No taste. Cardboard texture. My mother-in-law also cooks it to a sloppy pulp. Same with rice. "

They use the wrong cheese, the wrong oil and the wrong nuts sometimes. Beware also of Polish Tzatziki (the kind that Albert sell in big round tubs - others are better) - it's made with white cheese rather than Greek yoghurt!

... and have you noticed that one brand of Polish feta was forced to re-name itself "Favita" due to the lack of similarity with the original product?

>>My mother-in-law also cooks it to a sloppy pulp.

imho polish pasta is an abomination. it's impossible to *not* cook it to a sloppy pulp. i always buy italian ( and some day, in recognition of my services to the industry i'll get a Free Italian to bring home and set on a shelf somewhere )

Tall, dark, handsome ...?

but of course. no point in filling the mantlepiece with ugly things, is there ?