Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What truly empty "celebrities" does Poland have?

Come on, list a few and give links.

I think I need to expand my Polish "cultural" knowledge. The more vacuous the personality, the better.

Everyone, surely, knows about the UK's Victoria Beckham, who's currently making a fool of herself in the US - this is the sort of air-head I want to find out about!

Re: What truly empty "celebrities" does Poland have?

Michał Wiśniewski springs immediately to mind.

I didn't recognise the name so I looked him up:

Michał Christian Wiśniewski (* September 9, 1972 in Łódź) is a Polish pop vocalist, leader of Ich Troje pop group. He is one of the most controversial people in Poland, who tries to be in the centre of attention. Michael Wiśniewski tells about one's past and present without any qualms.

He has played in two films: „Star”(Polish:„Gwiazdor”)(2002) and „Lawstorant”(2005). He has took part in a TVN reality show „I am what I am”(Polish:„Jestem jaki jestem”) as well as in the reality show „Show your face”(Polish:„Pokaż swoją twarz”) at the VIVA! Poland television. With Ich Troje he released a few singles which brought him success.
Together with the band Ich Troje he represented Poland at the 2003 Eurovision festival. With the song Keine Grenzen he took the 7th place in the competition. Again chosen by Poles, with the song „ Follow my heart ” he will represent Poland at the 2006 Eurovision in Athens.

In December 2004 dissolved the band „Ich Troje”.
In January 2005 he founded the band „Red Head”.
In August 2005 he reactivated the band "Ich Troje".

In October 2005 Wiśniewski opened boutique „Xavier Fabienne” with haute couture.

His first wife was Polish singer Magda Femme, born Magdalena Pokora. He has two children from his second marriage with singer Marta Wiśniewska, born Marta Mandrykiewicz, a.k.a. Mandaryna : Xavier Michał (born 24.06.2002) and Fabienne Marta (born 21.08.2003). He divorced Mandaryna in 2005 and married the singer Anna Świątczak in Las Vegas; their first child, Etiennette Anna, was born on September 17, 2006. Their second child, Falco Christian, was born and died on 15 May 2007.

In October 2003 he damaged completely his Mercedes S600L in a crash.

During a concert in Częstochowa, on the spur of the moment he jumped into the crowd and injured a teenage girl. As a result of this, she became partly disabled, suffered severe mental trauma, and needed expensive rehabilitation. He was fined 6000 PLN for this action.

He also gets my vote. A total ass.

My wife's nomination for fleebrain of Poland: Doda.

Shazza! What a superstar.

LONG LIVE DISCO POLO!!

Shazza can have it.

Even now.

Piasek - the bottle blond actor singer from the Złotopolscy soap opera.

you're scaring me .. .i don't know any of these names

ANDRZEJ PIASECZNY

PIASECZNY

/stares blankly at screen/

ok, i know it. i'm a boring old fart. somehow it seems safer and kinder for my brain.

For the older woman

Michał Bajor

BAJOR

that logic passes on 'older' ... however as it fails on recognition of said human, it must be the 'woman' boolean. dang.

Ask either you mother in law or possibly sister in law about Michał Bajor!

Is Michal Polish? He looks like a mix between german/Austrian and Russian.

For real Polish superstars look no more:

http://www.fortunecity.de/kraftwerk/westernhagen/127/index.html

in German too:-)