Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the weather

Ok pouring down buckets here at the moment and I mean BUCKETS!!

All the tubes were affected yesterday and I saw on the news some people are stranded in flooding in the UK.

I hope Poland is having a nicer summer....

Re: the weather

It's very hot here. No rain. Just heat. 30c

Heavy rain now. Great

We have sparkling sunshine here today for a change

I pity the poor buggers in SW England.
Floods, no drinking water, now electricity threatened too.

It feels like Britannia is sinking beneath the waves - maybe we/they should all move to Poland. Here in Jelitkowo everybody's sunbathing and eating icecream.

Ah..but don't forget that Poland suffers terrible flooding too sometimes. A few years ago I think there was a similar situation to the current one in the UK. Also in 1980 when I first visited there was extensive flooding all over Poland in August and the crop for that year was completely ruined.

And the mozzies in Poland have never quietened down since.

Oh, waking up to that lovely whining sound at 3 a.m. and at 1 p.m. yesterday (while sunbathing in the garden).

The Met Office long-range forecast for the summer: "the hottest and driest on record".

"The Weather Outlook" long-range forecast for the UK:
July
Temperature: Above average.
Precipitation: Slightly below average.
More fine and very warm weather is expected at times during the first half of the month, although a change to less settled conditions for a time is likely and this should bring some rain across all of the UK. As we head towards the middle of the month high pressure is expected to extend across much of the UK bringing some fine, settled and very warm or perhaps even hot conditions. The weather during the second half of the month is expected to be warm or very warm at times across much of the UK. Some bands of rain are expected to affect northern areas at times, but in the south these are likely to be patchy with the emphasis on reasonable conditions with sunny spells. From time to time during the month we think there will be a significant risk of thunderstorms developing locally, most notably later on.

All caused by climate change, of course.

Meanwhile:
"Environment Agency chief executive Baroness Young said £1bn a year was needed to prevent future flooding.

She told the BBC that climate change would increase the likelihood of flooding and even with more investment in defences the risk could never be completely eliminated."

Perhaps we could cut the bull ...