Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BBC TV programme on the dangers of Wi-fi

http://www.mastsanity.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=132&Itemid=113

It's a half-hour programme, by the way.

The UK govt's own advisor counsels caution but is ignored.

He also suggests the UK bans the siting of mobile phone masts near to schools. The young are particularly at risk from mobile phone and wifi waves.

This whole area struck home when a friend of mine died because of brain cancer. She could sense the presence of a mobile phone nearby because her tumours physically reacted and she could see stars and feel electric pulses.

In years to come this will be viewed in the same light as the controversy over tobacco in the 1950s. Of course, tobacco is far more dangerous, but what if you are the one struck down by a fatal disease? That sort of changes your perspective.

Re: BBC TV programme on the dangers of Wi-fi

Has anyone else noticed spotty looking Poles sitting outside public offices, court houses, town halls with laptops, surfing the internet?

I hate talking on my mobile and avoid it at all costs. I only want to use it for texting etc. If I do have to talk on the mobile I limit it to short and sweet or call the person back on a landline.

I read about the dangers of wireless a while back. There was an article in the paper about a woman who had a reaction every time she entered her house and realised this was all due to her wireless laptop. Once she went back on to the traditional technology she no longer reacted.

"I hate talking on my mobile and avoid it at all costs. I only want to use it for texting etc. If I do have to talk on the mobile I limit it to short and sweet or call the person back on a landline."

Me too - some people think that having a mobile makes you constantly available and ring again and again if you reject the call, e.g. on public transport. But text messages ARE useful!

I just keep mine switched off unless I want to check for or send texts and for emergency calls.

I use mine only for text messages.

Mee too, but I think this guy went a bit too far!

Bus driver a mobile lottery loser
A POLISH bus driver has been sacked for sending 38,000 text messages on his company mobile phone in a losing effort to win a contest jackpot.

Leszek Wojcik, from the north-western city of Slupsk, ran up a bill of about 94,000 zlotys (£16,500) with his text messages while trying to win a 100,000-zloty (£17,600) SMS contest that ended on 30 June, the city's transport spokesman, Hubert Boba, said.
He explained that a bus driver's monthly company phone bill is supposed to be limited to 15 zlotys (£2.60). Wojcik sent an average of 1,200 SMS text messages a day, each costing 2.4 zlotys (42p).
This article: http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1171322007