Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting Job Vacancy

An interesting Job Vacancy found pinned to a tree this morning ...

Job vacancy

No qualifications needed. Training provided

Re: Interesting Job Vacancy

omg I feel sick....still very enterprising I must say!

I'm straight on the plane, I hope the job hasn't gone.

Is it any wonder one million Poles have left for the UK and Ireland

Can someone translate, please?

They are looking for a man, woman or retired person to collect slugs.

I read this as snails, but is a slug a snail without a shell? It made me think of escargots for export to france and I assume they want a shell.

Back in 1974 there was a large contingent of French theologians visiting the Seminary in Przemysl. The program was cancelled one day when the visitors strolling the gardens noted the quality of the local snails, and the size, and the quantity. Praise God the quantity! Baskets upon baskets and numerous pails were filled; the kitchens requisitioned; black market butter obtained, and the feast commenced. The rector later admitted some remorse at all the ungenerous thoughts he had had as to the inability of the gardeners in ridding the garden of the pests.

What is the polish word for slug?

I'm not sure. It may be the same word as for snail. But a vision of a snail with shell pops into my head when slimak is used. They have all sorts of regional variations in Poland anyway.

Slimak is the word for both. They export them to France & also use them to feed farmed carp!

I wonder if they pay by the hour or by the snail ?

I know Poles are fond of picking berries and mushrooms up in the wild to eat. But are snails ever eaten in Poland?

Only in French restaurants