Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
She is here!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My new car
A UK car, steering wheel on the proper side, sunroof, all the mod cons.

Hans wanna race

Now for the rebuild.
Does anyone know where I can get a 'Teraz Polska' sticker for the back?

Re: She is here!!!!

That’s nice. Reminds me of my lawnmower. Just kidding

Just print this one off

teraz polska

How can you tell it's a girl?

What's her top speed? What does it do to the gallon?

Top speed about 65mph Mpg 45ish
Easy to park, and has 4 seats.
And it is made in Poland

Who needs a smart?

A very excentric purchase, Dajwid :) .

I promised myself to avoid these cars; in the late 90's my brother had one (a fairly new one)... until one day it suddenly and for no particular reason started to bur while idling at red traffic lights :/ . He barely excaped.

But still, I wish you "szerokiej drogi i gumowych drzew" :) .

"burn", not "bur" of course

The engine is in the back?

Yes just like a Porsche 911

Dajwid-

So, how much of a rebuild are you contemplating?

The car is 100%, small buts or surface rust will be sorted. roll cage fitted, suspension lowered, Discks fitted to front. Head skimmed,sports cam, carb change. It is hard to say. These things tend to go on and on :-)

Still working hard on the car (when I get time).

I buy lots of bits on Allegro and from a shop in the tricity.

Polish post is strange:-

From the shop, nearly 7 Kilos = 80 Zloty postage

Allegro 1 coil he wantd 120 Zloty postage (postage is expensive to the Uk.

3 small engine panels weight about 1 kilo, he wants 180!!! Zloty postage.

The best one was a workshop manual, book cost 20 Zloty he wanted 80 Zloty postage, that is one massive book.

Postage is where many of these internet auction sellers make the bulk of their money.

Why not just take a cheap EasyJet flight over to Poland one weekend and get all your parts at the same time.

Sadly some are no longer made